Here's a checklist of things to bring to an event to make it more enjoyable.
- Dog crate
- 4' Leash
- Flat Collar – no prongs, E-collars allowed on the DOCK but okay at the rest of the event. Your dog may jump “naked” if preferred.
- Water bowls
- Bottled water for dogs and humans
- Fold up chair
- Poop bags!
- Shade tent if you're at an outside venue (both for rain and sun) - most people are willing to share this – just ask
- Toys - They must float, not be edible, not alive or have ever been alive (bring a few different ones, you may want to switch things up)
- Dog and People 1st Aid Kit
- Dog and People Snacks
- Rain jacket cause you just never know
- If not registered online, cash or check for club events, most National Events accept credit/debit cards
- Dry or waterproof clothes and shoes in cool weather – hot weather you’ll appreciate the coolness of the water
- Sense of humour!